This page is dedicated to the memory of
Dave Lovett
former sportswriter with the
Montgomeryshire Express, Shropshire Star
and Wrexham Leader,
who covered reports of Wrexham F.C.'s matches
and was well respected by players and supporters.

  David Lovett

I well remember the first time I met Dave Lovett. It was in Newtown's Shropshire Star Office in 1986.
He was busy writing and asked how he could help. "Would you be interested in covering a sponsored walk I'm doing?" I enquired.

"Of course" he replied, "how many miles? 10 miles? 18 miles?"
"Not quite" I responded, "it's 180 miles along the Pembrokeshire Coastal Path, in aid of diabetic research".

Dave stopped writing, looked at me and asked for more information - I showed him letters of support I'd received from Sir Harry Secombe and Gary Mabutt, the Tottenham Hotspur and England captain.

"I'll do it" he commented, "and I'd like you to phone me up as you're going along and I'll put latest reports in for you."

What a true gentleman, and we had not even mentioned our mutual love of Wrexham F.C. at that point!  

The excellent coverage he gave in the Shropshire Star, was without doubt the catalyst which helped raise £1,800.

This page is dedicated to Dave's memory.

I would like to thank Dave's daughter Julie, for her kind permission in allowing me to commemorate her father in this way.
Ken Davies 

Joey Jones

In his book, OH JOEY, JOEY,  Joey wrote;

Dave Lovett,
who covered Wrexham for years, and was a reporter I respected, wrote "I only wish Jones would wear shin-guards. The lad clearly enjoys playing with his socks round his ankles, but some of his tackling last night could have had serious repercussions for the teenager on the threshold of a full international cap".

Joey also paid tribute to Dave at his funeral.

Quotation and cover reproduced here by kind permission of the publishers,
ISBN 978-1-84454-835-4

Tribute to Dave Lovett
David Lovett had covered Wrexham Football Club for more than 35 years, firstly at the Shropshire Star and then for the Evening Leader, where he had worked for the past 16 years.
He was also a lifelong fan of the club, and following his death 3,000 football fans rose and stood in silence at the Racecourse football ground in memory of the man who brought them the highs and lows of the club.
Evening Leader editor Richard Williams said: "David Lovett was a football writing legend in North East Wales. His byline guaranteed readers exclusive stories, written with authority and passion.
"He was a genuine character and never ducked from controversy.
"We have been absolutely inundated with tributes from journalists, readers and footballers. He will be sorely missed."
Evening Leader sports editor Nick Harrison also paid tribute.
He said: "David Lovett's match reports were masterpieces. He was the sports writer who put the pun into football punditry.
"He was humourous, sometimes boisterous but always extremely generous. Wherever he went, Dave left an impression. Whether it was good or bad, he didn't mind - as long as he got his Exclusive by David Lovett!
"He never ducked out of confrontational issues no matter how big the manager or the player.
"He asked the questions others wouldn't ask, and then the rest of the Press gang would home in on the scraps like vultures.
"Dave would stand out a mile at Press Conferences. He was the only one taking a proper shorthand note while others went for the easy option and thrusted dictaphones in the manager's face.
"He was proud of his Pitman's note. He was part of the old school." 

Read a David Lovett Wrexham match report
from 2003
from the Wrexham Evening Leader,
courtesy of the
Wrexham Red Passion website
Silencing the boo-boys
(click here)

Finally, read a wonderful interview
with David
again courtesy of Red Passion
in their series
The Media Men
All You Need is Lovett
(click here)

Club Kit Colours
Let's start by looking at the history of Wrexham's
football kit over the years.
Here we show 1878, 1908-1911, 1930-31
and 2010/11

To see the whole range of
Wrexham A.F.C.'s kits over the years,
please click here  

Copyright Historical Football Kits
are reproduced by kind permission

Wrexham's Welsh Cup Victories

Follow Wrexham's road to glory in each of their
Welsh Cup Winning Years.

Courtesy of the
Welsh Football Data Archive

Welsh Cup Final Victories
Wrexham v Cup Finalists
(click on finals for details)
1877/78 1v0 Druids

1882/83 1v0 Druids
1892/93 2v1 Chirk Athletic
1896/97 2v0 Newtown
1902/03 8v0 Aberaman Athletic

1904/05 3v0 Aberdare Athletic
1908/09 1v0 Chester City
1909/10 2v1 Connahs Quay and Shotton
1910/11 6v0 Connahs Quay and Shotton
1913/14 0v0 replay 3v0 Llanelli
1914/15 1v1 replay 1v0 Swansea Town
1920/21 1v1 replay 3v1 Pontypridd
1923/24 2v2 replay 1v0 Merthyr Tydfil
1924/25 3v1 Flint Town
1929/30 0v0 replay 4v2 Cardiff City
1930/31 7v0 Shrewsbury Town
1956/57 2v1 Swansea Town
1957/58 1v1 replay 2v1 Chester City
1959/60 1v1 replay 1v0 Cardiff City
1971/72 2v1 & 1v1 Cardiff City
1974/75 2v1 & 3v1 Cardiff City
1977/78 2v1 & 1v0 Bangor City
1985/86 1v1 replay 2v1 Kidderminster Harriers
1994/95 2v1 Cardiff City

1873 or 1864?
Keith Harding's research
adds weight to claim!

Wrexham Football Club
could be older than thought
(click to access)

The following remarkable enquiry was received from a Wrexham F.C researcher,
Dylan Jones

First of all may I congratulate you on an excellent site.

The reason for my contact is that I'm curious to learn of your source in respect of a statement in the page on your website entitled "A History of Football in Mid Wales", by Keith Harding.

The particular section is in reference to the 1879 Welsh Cup Final after dinner speeches, where the Wrexham President mentions his club was formed some 15 years previously, ie 1864.

You may or may not be aware there has been a recent media story regarding the actual formation of Wrexham FC initially whether it was 1872 or as per the badge 1873.

Recent research has in fact found that the club was founded in 1864, with documented evidence. The source mentioned above would be an additional confirmation.
The club has received all relevant details and an announcement will be made imminently.
I appreciate your assistance.
Dylan Jones

click here to access Keith's "A History of Football in Central Wales"

Keith Harding was Newtown Football Club's Chairman, and researched the history of football in Central Wales.
His work appears on this website, by kind permission of his wife May and daughter Nicky.
Without their generous cooperation, the following piece from his work would not have been picked up by Dylan Jones

"In the Welsh 'Soccer' scene, the earliest Clubs to emerge were exclusively in the North of Wales where the gentlemen farmers and University graduates had the leisure time to take up the sport. The Wrexham Club have the reputation of being the first organised Club to emerge in the Principality in 1873. There is however considerable evidence that the Druids, who played at Plas Madoc Park, Ruabon, were formed earlier. Yet in two articles in the local newspapers, mention is made of the formation dates of both clubs - the 'Druids' being formed some four years ago in a speech after a game in 1877 and in an after dinner speech in 1879 after 'The White Stars' Welsh Cup victory, mention was made by the President of Wrexham F.C. that the Wrexham Club had been in existence for 15 years."

Mr Evan Morris, President of Wrexham Football Club,
 in the above address in Newtown,
following Wrexham's defeat to Newtown White Stars
 in the 1878/79 Welsh Cup Final,
states that Wrexham had existed for 15 years
i.e. since 1864.

This information was passed on to Peter Jones, Chairman of the Wrexham Supporters Trust, and he sent this reply. KD

Hi Ken,

First of all thank you for copies of the cuttings from the Montgomeryshire Express, as the information gives even more clarity to the formation of Wrexham Football Club to what we have already uncovered the past two months.

I'm very aware of the excellent Penmon web site and the collection of the late Keith Harding from his days as Chairman of Newtown FC.

I will of course mention Keith's discovery when mentioning this piece of information.

Many thanks for your help,

Peter Jones (WST)
4th April 2012

Wrexham F.C. Disabled Supporters Association Website
Click here to access site

Pre 'The Robins' 

Wrexham 1904/05
Combination League Champions
Welsh Cup Winners.

Wrexham 1954/55

Delighted to receive this message from Derek:

It is always interesting to find one's name "up in lights" and would be interested to hear from anyone I played with for Wales, UCNW Bangor, Manchester City and Wrexham from 1950 - 1956.

Very impressed with amount of research and academic study required in posting this historical record.

Derek can be contacted via


Mold Grammar School

Derek captained the school side, where he played both in goal and as an outfield player.
He was selected to represent Flintshire Schoolboys, and chosen as a reserve for the Welsh Schoolboys team in 1948/49.

During this time he was training with Wrexham, under the management of Les McDowell.


University College of North Wales,

Derek continued his studies a U.C.N.W. Bangor and was called up to represent his country at Welsh Youth, Welsh and British Universities and Welsh Amateur level.

He continued with his studies despite interest in him from many football league sides.

Derek Williams,
Some of his
Welsh Amateur International Appearances


(Nelson, D Brown, Griffiths)
(Lewis 2, Noble 2)
(at Bangor)
(16th February 1952) 

Wales: D Williams (Mold Alexandra), D Brown (Hayes), C Morgan (Lovell's Athletic), A Evans (Bangor City), Smith (Cardiff Corinthians), I Robling (Lovell's Athletic) Paul (Lovell's Athletic) Jones (Barry Town), A Nelson (Newport County),  J B Griffiths (Lovell's Athletic), Woosnam (Bangor City)

England: B R Brown (Pegasus), S Charlton (Bromley), L Stratton (Walthamstow Avenue), L R Topp (Hendon), D W Adams (Hendon), W J Slater ((Brentford), C T Mortimore (Aldershot), A W Noble (Leytonstone), J W Lewis (Walthamstow Avenue), J A Walton (Manchester United), G Robb (Finchley)

Referee: F Owen (Llay)


(Beggs, Anderson, Grierson)

(Patterson og, Nelson)
(at Inverness)
(1st March 1952) 

Scotland: J Ritchie (Alloa Athletic), R Paterson, T Stewart, M Morton (Glasgow University), RG Caldwell (Kilmarnock), J Docherty, G Masson (Govan Amateurs), W Anderson (Bishop Auckland), W Beggs (Vale of Usk), DG Grierson, M Murray  


Wales: D Williams (Mold Alexandra & Manchester City), D Brown (Hayes), G Morgan (Lovell's Athletic), A Evans (Bangor City), T Owen (RAMC, Aldershot), I Robling (Lovell's Athletic), P Rees (Llanidloes), Acoles (Pontllanfraith), A Nelson (Newport County), JB Griffiths (Lovell's Athletic), P Woosnam (Bangor City)

Referee: JE Bartley (Denbigh)


(at Wrexham)
(7th March 1953)

Wales: D Williams (Mold Alexandra & Manchester City), M Evans (Bangor City), L Birch (Lovell's Athletic), A Evans (Machynlleth), T Owen (Llanfaircaereinion), G Owen (Porthmadog), P Rees (Llanidloes), JB Griffiths (Lovell's Athletic), WE Griffith (Cardiff Corinthians), P Woosnam (Caersws), A Davies (Connah's Quay Nomads)  


Scotland: J Ritchie (Hamilton Academical), IG Harnett, T Stewart, D Stewart (Eaglesham), RK Caldwell (Albion Rovers), W Hastie, B Brown JL Hodge (Albion Rovers), J Ward, R Dalziel, A Hepburn (Celtic)

Att: 10,000    Referee: JE Bartley (Denbigh)


South Africa
(at Bangor)
(3rd October 1953)

Standing; A. Evans, M. Evans, D. Williams, T. Owen, W.E. Griffith, L.A. Burch
Sitting; P.N. Rees, B.J. Griffiths, I. Robling, P. Woosnam, A. Davies


(at Somerset Park)
(6th March 1954)

Scotland: SH Weir, IG Harnett, T Stewart (Bishop Auckland), RL Cromar, J Valentine, WM Hastie,
H Callaghan (St Mungo's FP), W McQuarrie (Billingham), J Watt (Civil Service Strollers),
R Dalziel, W Omand 


Wales: D Williams (Mold Alexandra & Manchester City), M Evans (Bangor City),
I Robling (Lovell's Athletic), A Evans (Machynlleth), T Owen (Llanfair Caereinion), G Owen (Porthmadog), P Rees (Llanidloes), WE Griffith (Pwllhelli & District), G Griffiths (Aberystwyth Town), P Woosnam (Caersws), K Thomas (Newport County)

Att: 1,500 Referee: FS Crossley (Motherwell)  

Results and Final Championship Table 1953/54
Ireland 2 v 1 England
(Coleraine, 12th September 1953)
Ireland 3 v 2 Wales
(Belfast, 23rd January 1954
Scotland 0 v 0 Wales
(Ayr, 6th March 1954)
England 1 v 4 Scotland
(Wembley, 27th March 1954)
Scotland 0 v 0 Ireland
(Kilmarnock, 10th April 1954)
Wales 0 v 2 England
(Newport, 24th April 1954)






F - A
5 - 3
4 - 1
4 - 6
2 - 5 



The British Amateur International Trophy

The 1953-54 season was notable for the inauguration of the full Amateur International tournament after seven years of an incomplete series of matches.

England, Ireland, Scotland and Wales battled for the magnificent new trophy presented by the Football Association of Wales to commemorate the Queen's coronation and Ireland became the first winners.

But the advent of the new trophy did not provide the increase in attendances and general interest anticipated. Crowds at the matches were, if anything, smaller than in the previous season, and the time has come for a serious spell of thought by the four associations on what can be done to boost this tournament.

(The Playfair Football Annual 1954-55)


Express and Times November 27, 1954
Williams should have his place
Reds 4v2 Blues
In a match, when goals are not important, the Reds beat the Blues in a Welsh Amateur International trial in Barmouth. The two teams were drawn from the Welsh League, Mid-Wales and Wrexham Areas, and the Cambrian Coast League.
Of the 22 players on view, thirteen have connections with Mid-Wales.
In the Reds were goalkeeper Meirion Griffiths (Barmouth), Gwilym Davies (Caersws), Arthur Evans (Flint United and Machynlleth), Trefor Owen (Loughborough  and Llanfair Caereinion), Edgar P. Williams (Newtown).
In the Blues K. Ll. Jones (Bryncrug and U.C.W.), Gwynfor Jones (55th RA), D. L Phillips (Bangor College and Barmouth), J. E. Richards (Barmouth), Des Morgan (Kington) and Peter Rees (Llanidloes).
The outstanding forward was undoubtedly Edgar Williams, the Newtown schoolmaster. His distribution and industrious play made him conspicuous and perhaps it is unfortunate that the present inside left berth appears to be Phil Woosnam's, but if at all possible, a place should be found for Williams.

Derek Williams scored all four goals for the Reds but he will be the first to acknowledge that two were gifts from E.P. Williams. Trefor Owen scored both Blues goals. 

Welsh Amateur International

22nd January 1955

Programme Details
courtesy of the David Powell, Newtown AFC

Sir George Hamer, CB JP
Lord Lieutenant of Montgomeryshire
President Llanidloes AFCP

Mr Milwyn Jenkins
Vice President FAW


Mr E.J. Morgan
Vice President FAW


Mr Glasgow Jones
Member of FAW


Mr Herbert Powell
Secretary FAW

DEREK WILLIAMS (U.C.N.W.). Goalkeeper. Derek is a twenty year old student at Bangor University and has already been capped for Wales in Amateur International Matches on no less than eight occasions, besides playing in Youth International Matches. This season he has been more often than not first choice for Wrexham's Football League XI, and made his Football League debut for Manchester City when as a sixteen year old schoolboy, he deputised for Bert Trautmann in an important League game. Born Mold, Flintshire. Ht 6ft 1in. Wt. 13.5st.
MALDWYN EVANS (Bangor City) Right Back. First played for Wales at Highbury in 1953, and has held this position ever since. A Post Office worker at Bangor, he has represented the Civil Service on a number of occasions. Six Amateur International Caps. Ht. 5ft 10.5ins. Wt. 11st 10.5lbs
GWYN MORGAN (Lovell's Athletic). Left back. (Captain) Gwyn has made a remarkable comeback after a serious injury received a couple of seasons ago. Returns to Captain the Welsh Team today, his last appearance for his country being in Season 1951-52. Today he gets his ninth cap. Has assisted Johnstown Utd, Marine (Liverpool) before migrating to South Wales. Born Johnstown, Wrexham, is stockily built and a tenacious tackler.
ARTHUR EVANS. (Flint Town Utd) Right half back. Arthur will require no introduction to Mid Wales Soccer enthusiasts, his home town being Machynlleth. Has played for Wales twelve times in this series which is more than any other member of today's team, and at 24 is young enough to double this number. A Schoolteacher at Mold, he plays regularly for Flint Town Utd F.C., last year's Welsh Cup Winners. Ht. 5ft 10.5ins Wt. 11.5st.
TREFOR OWEN (Loughborough College) Centre half. Trefor graduated into the Welsh Amateur International Team from the Youth International Series, and holds six Youth and seven Amateur International Caps. Reported to have played well for the English Universities against Scottish Universities recently. A six footer, he turns the scales at 12st. 8lbs.
GLYN OWEN (U.C.N.W.) Left half back. Glyn cannot be mistaken on the field for his fiery coloured hair always makes him look conspicuous. Stockily built, Glyn has always gained a reputation for intelligent half back play, and is always on the move. Gained his first Cap in Season 1952-53 and today is his sixth appearance for his country. A Student at Bangor University. 5ft. 7ins. in height and weighs 11st.
PETER REES (Llanidloes Town) Outside right. Peter will be playing on his own ground today. Has played in Schoolboy and Youth International Matches for Wales, and in the present series has represented the Principality against Scotland(three times), England, South Africa and Ireland. 5ft. 8ins. in height, weighs 9st. 9lbs.
BERKELEY J. GRIFFITHS (Lovell's Athletic) Inside right. Like Gwyn Morgan, his team mate, Berkeley has been honoured by Wales for a number of seasons since he first appeared in Season 1949-50. A hard working inside forward, today will be his tenth appearance for Wales. Hails from Newport, Monmouthshire.
RAY FARRELL (Cardiff Corinthians) Centre forward. Ray is a newcomer to the Team and is a former Cardiff Schoolboy Outside, Graduated to the Cardiff Corinthians team by way of Cardiff Nomads Juniors. Age 21, 5tf. 11in. in height, 11st 3lb. Born Cardiff.
PHILLIP WOOSNAM (Caersws Amateurs) Inside left. Phil is at present an Officer Cadet at the Mons Officer Cadet School, and his football prowess has soon been recognised by the Army, being selected for the Army XI against Scotland at Ibrox Park earlier this week. 22 years of age, Phil today gains his ninth Amateur International Cap, and also plays for Wales in Youth International Matches.
E.G. EVANS (Fforestfach) Outside left. Elwyn is the second new cap in today's Welsh Team. A strong player who can shoot with either foot, Elwyn is at present leading goalscorer in Welsh League Div. 1 with 24 goals. A Swansea boy, 24 years of age, Height 5ft 11ins, Weight 12st. 4lbs. 

WESLEY ARD (Coleraine) Goalkeeper. First team keeper for his club past two seasons. Capped against Scotland last season, and England this season
FRANK MONTGOMERY (Coleraine) Right back. Captained the Irish Amateur Championship Team of last season playing in all three matches. Like club mate, Ard, he is a regular right back for his team.
JOHN DAVIS (Crusaders) Left back. Was also in three Championship games of last season, and is the first team player for his club.
RONNIE GRIFFIN (Cliftonville) Right half back. A Youth International who gets his first Amateur cap. Regular position is at left half. A big strong player.
ERNIE McCLEARY (Distillery) Centre half. Has many Amateur Caps for the past six seasons. Main stay of his club in their revival to reach third place in the Irish League table.
WILLIE CUBITT (Distillery) Left half back. Can play at inside left and is a clever constructive player. With many Amateur caps.
BRUCE SHIELS (Cliftonville) Outside right. Was one of the Irish F.A. Team which toured Canada two seasons ago, but lost form last season. Has regained it this season. A big, strong forward, with a powerful shot.
Dr KEVIN McGARRY (Cliftonville) Inside right. A brilliant inside forward who was out of the Amateur Internationals owing to lack of training due to his medical practice. Has this season been the inspiration of Ireland's first club to shake all the professional clubs.
DAVE LAWTHER (Cliftonville) Centre forward. Nominally an outside right, he was a member of the Ards Irish Cup winning team two years ago, joining Cliftonville this season, and pressed into service as attack leader. Was so brilliant in his first match he won his first Amateur cap.
STEWARD CAMPBELL (Glenavon) Inside left. A former Youth International who was in all three Amateur Internationals last season. Is well up in the Irish League goal scoring list.
MAURICE McVEIGH (Glenavon). Outside right. Has held this position in Amateur Internationals for several seasons. A tricky, clever player who makes goals for the inside forwards. 

As President of Llanidloes Town A.F.C. I wish, on behalf of everybody concerned, to extend a very cordial welcome to the Officials of the Irish and Welsh Football Associations, the players and all the visitors who have come to witness the game in this Ancient Borough, situated in the centre of the Principality.
It was not until last season that the Irish F.A. took part in the Amateur International Series, and at their first attempt they found top place in the Championship table We extend our sincere congratulations upon their great achievement.
We feel honoured and thank the F.A.W. for selecting this venue for the second occasion at International level.
I know I can say on behalf of every Welshman "Croeso i Gymru", ("Welcome to Wales"). May you all return to your respective homes with very happy recollections of your visit and of your short stay in our midst.
George F. Hamer.

(Murray 4. McCann)
(at Bangor)
(5th March 1955)

Wales: D Williams (Wrexham & University College, Bangor), M Evans (Bangor City), G Morgan (Lovell;s Athletic), I Robling (Lovell's Athletic), T Owen (Loughborough College), G Owen (University College, Bangor), R Vernon (Blackburn Rovers), RH Williams (Cliftonville), WE Griffiths (Pwllheli & District), P Woosnam (Caersws & The Army), K Tucker (Merthyr Tydfil) 


Scotland: F Crampsey, G Savage (St Mungo's FP), WM Hastie, RL Cromar, J Valentine, JF Robb, J Reid, RH McCann, M Murray, R Dalziel, W Omand

Att: 5,500


Mold Alexandra F.C.

Derek made a few appearances for Mold Alex on an intermittent basis until 1955.

Manchester City

Les McDowell, Wrexham's manager when Derek was training there as a schoolboy, became City's manager and he approached Derek to sign for the Manchester club. Derek signed as an amateur in May 1951. 
When he was just a 17 year old schoolboy, in February 1952, he replaced Bert Trautman in goal against Blackpool at Maine Road.
Derek certainly played his part in goal, as the game was scoreless.
Unfortunately, this was Derek's only appearance for Manchester City.

The Manchester City squad with appearances/goals for the 1951/52 First Division Season was:

K. Barnes

K. Branagan
I.A. Broadis
R.J. Clarke
R.A. Cunliffe
G. Davies
J.M. Gunning
J. Hannaway
J.P. Hart
F.J. McCourt
J. Meadows
R. Paul



E. Phillips

R.J. Phoenix
D. Revie
J. Rigby
G.B. Smith
W. Spurdle
B.C. Trautman
D. Westcott
E. Westwood
D. Williams
J. Williamson
Own Goal 




There were some notable players in the Manchester City squad that season.
Roy Paul was a Welsh International and captained his country.
Don Revie managed Leeds United and England.
Bert Trautman broke his neck in an F.A. Cup Final, and played on.

Connah's Quay Nomads F.C.

Derek made a few appearances for Connahs Quay Nomads during 1952/53.

Click here for the Middlesex Wanderers AFC website

Derek went on a European Tour with the amateur representative side, Middlesex Wanderers in the summer of 1954.

Wrexham A.F.C.

Back row l-r: K.B. Jones, J. Williams, R. Wynn, D. Jackson, B. Evans, P. Jackson, D.E. Roberts, A. McGowan.
Middle row: J. Jones (trainer), J.T. Davies (director), G. O'Shaughnessy, K. Matthews, E.J. Tapscott, P.T. Spruce, W.C. Green, D. Williams, E.G. Godding, P. Egglestone, B. Roberts, D. Williams, J. Capper, P. Jackson (manager), H. Hughes (trainer)
Front row: L. Speed, B. Jarvis, G. Hughes, R. Hewitt, E. Betts, T. Bannan, G. Jones, L. Samuels, B. Griffiths, W.C. Heggie, G. Richards, D. Griffiths, A.E. Parker  

Having trained with The Robins as a schoolboy, Derek signed amateur forms for the club in 1954.
His debut was on the 25th August,
standing in for Eggleston in goal..

Appearances 1954/55
25th August: Chester 1v0 Wrexham
28th August: Southport 1v2 Wrexham
1st September: Wrexham 2v1 Chester
11th September: Workington 2v1 Wrexham
15th September: Bradford City 2v2 Wrexham
18th September: Wrexham 1v3 Mansfield
22nd September: Wrexham 0v1 Scunthorpe Utd
25th September: Accrington Stanley 2v0 Wrexham
2nd October: Wrexham 1v1 Carlisle Utd
7th October: Scunthorpe 1v0 Wrexham
9th October: Grimsby 1v3 Wrexham
1st January: Wrexham 2v2 Southport

Pwllheli F.C.

Derek made a few appearances for Pwllheli during 1955/56.

Oldham Athletic F.C.

Derek signed for Oldham Athletic in September 1956 and quickly established himself in the first team. He made 28 appearances, but these were his only games as he was called up for National Service. His signature was retained by the club until the 30th June 1959.

1956/57 Appearances and goals

Name App/Gls
Bazely J. 13

Betts E. 24/5
Brook L. 36/1
Campbell J. 36/5
Cassidy L. 4
Chaytor K. 5/1
Crook. G. 10/6
Duffy G. 6
Fawley R. 20
Ferguson J. 1 

Name App/Gls
Hartley E. 1

Hitchen T. 3
Hobson W. 44
Jackson N. 2
Lawless T. 9
Murphy E. 39
Murray K. 10/2
Naylor W. 40
Neale P. 23/7
Pearson D. 25/12

Name App/Gls
Ross A. 3

Stenner A. 3
Teece J. 11
Thompson J. 42/3
Torrance G. 4
Travis D. 32/14
Walker T. 17/3
Williams D. 28
Worthington F. 10/1
Wright T. 8/2
Opponents 0/1


1957/58 Squad

National Service

Derek, like many other men, was called up for National Service in 1957, spending most of this service in the Middle East, attached to the British Embassy in Tripoli, Libya, with spells in Malta, Cyprus, Aden and the Emirates.


Rugby Union

Following his army days he changed his sporting allegiance to Rugby Union, playing for Ruthin and representing Denbighshire and North Wales.

Chester Nomads F.C.

Derek returned to the football scene, playing for the Nomads from 1963, one of the oldest English Amateur teams. Following his period with with them, Derek hung his boots in 1974, because of his knee injury sustained with Wrexham.

Wrexham F.C 1956/57
Division 3 North - position 12th
Welsh Cup Winners (beat Swansea Town 2v1)
F.A. Cup 4th Round (lost 0v5 Manchester United)

Card kindly forwarded by Trevor Beal, Braintree Town F.C.

Spotlight on

Steve Stacey

Wrexham Appearances;
1965/66; 15,  1 goal
1966/67; 54,  2 goals
1967/68; 34 & 4 subs, 3 goals
1968/69;  6
League; 101 & 4 subs, 6 goals
F.A. Cup; 3
F.L. Cup; 5
Welsh Cup; 6
115 and 6 sub appearance in total  

Delighted to receive the following e-mail from Steve. October 2013 KD
Played for the Dragons 1965/68. Interesting site enjoyed the memories.
My research tells me that I am the first African American to have played professional football in the UK including Wrexham of course. Have resided in Australia since 1974.

Steve's Early days.

Fairfield Grammar School

Steve captained both the intermediate and Senior XI teams

Bristol Boys
Played as centre forward for the team.

Highridge United

1960/61 Bristol & District Division 6 Champions
1961/62 Bristol & District Division 5 Champions

Sneyd Park A.F.C.
This was Steve's first senior team. 

Bristol City
1961 - 1966

Joined Bristol City as an apprentice, and signed professional forms for them in 1961.
A regular goal scorer at centre forward for the reserves, netting 20 to 25 goals a season.
His only appearance for the first team was in the Welsh Cup against Merthyr Tydfil, scoring in a 4v2 victory.
He was switched to defence until February 1966, when he transferred to Wrexham.  

Wrexham A.F.C.
1965 - 66

Steve's debut was in a 2v2 draw at Southport on the 26th February 1966.

He played 15 games this season, scoring 1 goal. They won 3, drew 6 and lost 8


Steve writes:
Jack Rowley was the manager when I arrived replacing Ken Barnes. We finished 92nd out of 92 in that first year 1965/66!

Bill 'Porky' Evans the Chairman came into the dressing room one day before the game and  told us that if we avoided having to apply for re election we were on a few quid each. Forget the sum, may have been 50 quid. We never won another game !!

This was Steve's 4th game for Wrexham.
They won 3v2 with goals by
Webber 2 (1 pen), McMillan
Before the game,
Wrexham were 19th, played 32, 26 points 
and Bradford 23rd, played 30, 23 points

v Crew Alex

Fourth Division
7th May 1966

 Wrexham were lying 23rd in the league before this game, having played 42 with 33 points. Bradford City were below them with 32 points from 41 games.
This was Steve's first game 'up front' and he also scored his first game for the club

Jack was with Ajax!
Flashback to 1965-66
with Anthony Jones.

1965/66 was the fateful season when Wrexham F.C achieved nothing - except a Bank overdraft and the club's lowest ever league position - 24th in the Fourth Division or 92nd of the 92 League Clubs.

The season, Wrexham's second in the Fourth Division after being relegated in 1964, got off to a reasonable start and by the 10th September we had picked up 6 points from 6 games - as well as drubbing Chester 5v2 in the League Cup with former University graduate Martyn King getting two goals.

But the successes afterwards were few and far between, and by Christmas, Wrexham were firmly anchored at the bottom of the League conceding no less than 53 goals in 22 games.

Tranmere Rovers contributed 11 of those goals (they won 5v1 at Wrexham and 6v3 at Prenton) and Rochdale crashed six goals passed amateur keeper John Edwards on 27th December, after first team regular Steve Fleet had joined Stockport County.

Manager Bill Morris then left the Club and former Manchester United centre forward Jack Rowley took over the sagging Racecourse reins.

Rowley had spent some of his managerial career in Holland with the crack Dutch side Ajax, and his "100%" methods brought the club some better results in the second half of the season - 22 out of the club's 35 points were obtained when he was boss.

The New Year opened with the signing of Graham Beighton from Stockport County and a 2v0 win at Lincoln. Then Wrexham beat Barnsley 6v3 at the Racecourse with Keith Webber, top scorer for the season with 22 League goals, getting a hat-trick, less than a week later he added another hat-trick at Stockport County in Wrexham's third successive win since 1st January.

We then beat Barrow 3v1 at the Racecourse before receiving a 4v2 reverse at Hartlepool - our first defeat of 1966 on 5th February.

But more defeats followed and although we were unbeaten in the month of March, and the arrival of Albert Kinsey added some scoring punch, the season ended on a dismal note with a 4v1 hammering at the hands of Bradford City - who were the 91st Club in the League.

Wrexham A.F.C.
1966 - 67

Steve was an ever present in the league for Wrexham this season, and missed just one game - a Welsh Cup tie against Rhyl 


5th November 1966
Barrow 1v1 Wrexham
Wrexham extended their unbeaten run to 13 games thanks to this draw, but their use of the offside rule lost them many friends at Holker Street. They were quite happy to soak up the Barrow pressure and break out when they could.
Then with 15 minutes left, a move down the left flank by Arfon Griffiths, lead to Albert Kinsey receiving the ball 15 yards out from goal. He rammed a ferocious shot into the corner of the net, which the keeper never saw.
Barrow increased their already ferocious pace and with only 7 minutes remaining, a cross into the Wrexham area saw Eric Harrison and Johnny Schofield collide jumping for the ball. As the ball came down it hit the Barrow player and went into the net.
Wrexham; J. Schofield, A. Lucas, S. Stacey, T. Oldfield, G. Turner, S. McMillan, A. Griffiths, M. Evans, A. Kinsey, G. Lloyd, T. McLoughlin.
Att. 4,639

January 1967
Following the Robins' disappointing exit in the F.A. Cup at the hands of nearby rivals Shrewsbury Town, Wrexham found themselves drawn at home to Rhyl in the fifth round of the Welsh Cup. Before this however, there were League points to earn as Wrexham were faced with reviving their flagging promotion prospects.

Brentford's visit to the Racecourse saw both teams employ the offside trap to good effect. Despite all the efforts of the reds 'new' centre-forward Don Weston, the game ended scoreless.

Our trip to South Wales proved just as fruitful as our hosts Newport County dominated the first-half. County led 1v0 at the interval, but a Sammy McMillan goal earned Wrexham a 1v1 draw.

 February  1967
Wrexham were losing ground in the promotion stakes as several indifferent displays failed to help matters. Wrexham's trip to Luton was a prime example, as following a scoreless first period, they fell to a 1v3 defeat with Arfon Griffith's goal their only consolation.

Merthyr Tydfil switched their Welsh Cup tie to the Racecourse and probably wished they hadn't! An own goal from Rees set us on our way and Dave Powell's goal earned our 2v1 interval lead. Taylor then threw the ball straight to Dave Carrick who smashed the "gift" home from 25 yards, before Albert Kinsey rifled a brace. Our 7v1 victory was completed with strikes from Sammy McMillan and Don Weston

Interesting little story;
Welsh Cup final 1966/67. Drew the first leg 2-2 at Wrexham. In the second leg at Cardiff we lost 2-1. Gareth Williams broke Terry Oldfield's leg, a really dreadful tackle. Terry never played again.
Alvan Williams refused to let the team collect the runners up medals.
When they were delivered to the dressing room door, Alvan as he was want, with a few expletives threw the medals back down the corridor along with several messages that I won't repeat here.
I have never received my Welsh Cup runners up medal and neither have any of my colleagues to my knowledge.
I have written to the Welsh FA several times. They have been less than helpful.

Back row: John Wood, Steve Stacey, Graham Turner, Stuart Mason, Graham Beighton, Alec Lucas,
David Powell, Ray Mielczarek, Peter Wall, Jack Jones (trainer)

Middle row: David Carrick, Arfon Griffiths,
Mickey Evans, Ken Roberts (Assistant Manager), Terry Oldfield, Jack Rowley (Manager), Cliff Lloyd (Secretary), Tony McLoghlin, David Campbell,

Front row: ????, Ian Hughes, Sammy McMillan,
Albert Kinsey, Gary Owen, Steve Mackreth

At York, it may have been 66/67 season Johnny Schofield got injured and in the days before subs I played the remainder of the match in goal.

Wrexham A.F.C.
1967 - 68

Steve played most of his 34 games in the league this season at centre half.


23rd August 1967
Tranmere Rovers 2v1 Wrexham 
League Cup 1st Round

Wrexham looked the far better side in a thrilling but rugged cuptie and fielded four reserves due to injury.
A young Roy McFarland and keeper Jim Cumbes were in fine form for the Rovers, particularly in the 14th minute when Cumbes saved a Steve Ingle curler and then tipped a Sammy McMillan lob over the bar.
Yardley gave the home side the lead on 40 minutes, and Wrexham did everything to get back into the game. Ray Smith levelled for the Robins with a 30 yard drive on 66 minutes.
A minute later though Joe Pritchard ran up the middle and rounded three defenders to slide home the winner.  
Team; J. Schofield, S. Ingle, G. Showell, R. Mielczarek, S. Stacey, T. Beanland, T. Bradbury, P. Kinsella, R. Smith, S. McMillan, D. Carrick

16th September 1967
Swansea Town 2v0 Wrexham 
A sensational goal straight from kick off by the Swans' Keith Dodd set the scene for this Welsh derby.
The offside trap helped Wrexham stem the flow of the white shirts and Tony Beanland's long passes put the pressure back on the Swans.
Griffiths and McMillan should have levelled the scores, but just before the interval, John Roberts extended the home side's lead.
Griffiths was switched to the wing, from where he piled on the pressure. Chances were now coming their way but the finishing was woefully weak.
It was veteran international Ivor Allchurch  who proved to be the thorn in Wrexham's side all afternoon, and Livesey was forced to save a free kick of his in a brilliant manner.    
Team; G. Livesey, S. Ingle, S. Stacey, G. Showell, R. Mielczarek, T. Bradbury, T. Beanland, D. Weston, R. Smith, S. McMillan, (Sub: A. Kinsey)

2nd October 1967
Wrexham 1v2 Brentford
Two blunders by keeper Schofield, in handling a wet ball enabled Brentford to win a game they should have lost. This was Wrexham first home defeat in 17 months.
Most teams visiting the Racecourse employ spoiling defensive tactics, which is what Brentford did. Albert Kinsey found a way through but was tripped, and Arfon Griffiths hit the bar from a centre by new boy Alan Bermingham.
In the second half Steve Stacey moved further forward and it was from one of his menacing runs that that Wrexham took the lead. He sped past four defenders before planting the ball in the net after 57 minutes, a goal obtained by pure speed and opportunism.
Then after 72 minutes a sloppy goal put the visitors level, Schofield pushed the ball away but only against Ray Smith and into the net for an own goal. Five minutes later the keeper went to collect a mild shot, dropped it and in stepped Docherty to shoot the winner.
Team; J. Schofield, A. Bermingham, G. Showell, G. Turner, S. Stacey, T. Beanland, T. Bradbury, D. Weston, R. Smith, A. Kinsey, A. Griffiths (Sub; M. Evans)

23rd September 1967
Wrexham 6v0 Hartlepools United
Wrexham made a sparkling start as Arfon Griffiths slipped a pass for Terry Bradbury to test the United defence. The ball was scrambled away and after a couple of moves Kinsey's overhead kick was deflected off the line.
Wrexham took the lead when Steve Ingle started a move which resulted in Kinsey and Bradbury exchanging passes before scoring.
Ray Mielczarek and George Showell blocked Hartlepool's path through the middle, while Steve Stacey and Ingle made frequent sorties up the wings to overlap United's unhappy defence.
Beanland paved the way for Weston to add a second goal after 14 minutes. Wrexham might have added more before half time.
Griffiths kept the score running after 57 minutes, and Ray Smith helped himself to a double in the 75th and 87th minutes. Bradbury also notched his second with an 82nd minute penalty. 

Team; G' Livesey, S. Ingle, G. Showell, R. Mielczarek, S. Stacey, T. Beanland, T. Bradbury, D. Weston, R. Smith, A. Kinsey, A. Griffiths (Sub; M. Evans).

Four days after this game Mielczarek moved to Huddersfield Town for a Wrexham record fee of £25,000, while Sammy McMillan also left the Racecourse, when Southend paid £1,500 for him.

 21st October 1967
Aldershot 3v1 Wrexham
Following two consecutive home wins, 3v1 v Darlington and 4v1 v Southend, Wrexham journeyed to Aldershot hoping to record their first away victory of the season. However, the away day 'blues' struck again and Arfon Griffiths' second half strike proved totally insufficient as they fell to a 1v3 defeat.

 28th October 1967
Wrexham 5v0 Workington
Workington's visit proved Wrexham were on 'at home' at the Racecourse. Arfon Griffiths' overhead kick brought the first and Ray Smith notched the second before the break. Second half goals from Ray Smith, Don Weston and Albert Kinsey saw a record 5v0 victory.

As for Alvan well I thought he was a bit of a brasser and frankly didn't like him at all.
Smoked cigars in the dressing room...can you imagine that happening now, crashed a car with several players in it including me on the way back from Workington one Saturday, and took us all on a get away trip to Anglesey where the boat we were on started to sink by the stern in one of the most dangerous bits of water in the UK the Menai Straits....and so it goes on. Plenty to tell!!

Wrexham v Crew Alex
Fourth Division
25th November 1967

Manager's Notes-
Pushing ahead with the Development side, please note that "Hot Dogs" are now available at The Racecourse. I hope that you will patronize the stalls, and although it is only a small item, it is providing something warm to eat during the winter months.

Wrexham v Swansea
Fourth Division
20th January 1968

Manager's Notes-
Our injured players Steve Ingle and Don Weston resumed training this week but the news regarding Steve Stacey is not so good as he is under specialist treatment for quite a serious knee injury.

Swansea Town visited the Racecourse for a league encounter with seven international players on show. Wrexham gave debuts to two ex-Chester players, namely Dennis Reeves and Ian Moir. Wrexham began brightly with Ian keen to impress.

The Reds took the lead on 10 minutes with a fine goal. Albert Kinsey took Alan Bermingham's pass, avoided two tackles, and shot home in fine style.

Swansea now had to defend in numbers as Dave Powell and Arfon Griffiths both went close. Typically the Reds let their opponents back into the game and, on 50 minutes Brian Evans hit home their equaliser.

Thankfully, Ray Smith hit our 87th minute winner when a defender played him on-side. 

24th February 1968
An injury to George Showell gave Gareth Davis his big chance and it was against Bradford City at the Racecourse that Gareth made his League debut for Wrexham. It was not the best of times for a young player to be pitched into a league side - Wrexham had gone six defeats in eight games.

Goals by City's Bannister (17th) and (78th) took Bradford to a shock victory in front of 5,118 fans.

But "Wrexham Leader" Sports Editor Ron Chaloner wrote: "The brightest feature in a dull display by Wrexham was the fine performance of 18 year-old Gareth Davis. The youngster from Colwyn Bay played with such confidence that a stranger would never have guessed that he was making his league debut or that a few months ago he was playing Welsh League football."

Wrexham; Reeves, Ingle, Bradbury, Davis, Stacey, Griffiths, Beanland, Moir, Smith, Kinsey, Weston.

March 1968
Wrexham's  fixture at Chesterfield certainly proved a game of differing halves. 1v0 up at the interval through Albert Kinsey's strike, Wrexham crashed 1v3 as their hosts turned the tables.

For Aldershot's visit, a super substitution won the day. Ray Smith curled home a lovely 20 yarder in the first period and Red's keeper Gordon Livesey saved an 80th minute penalty.
Aldershot still found an equaliser, but Steve Stacey came on as sub on 86 minutes to break away and slot home the Robin's last minute winner.

Crewe visited the Racecourse for a reserve floodlit cup game with a 1v0 first leg lead. Wrexham fielded their first team but Alex's reserves shocked us with a 3v3 draw.

 May 11th 1968
Wrexham wrapped the season with a 3v1 home win over York City. Wrexham had gone 13 games without defeat, but the run had come too late for honours, and only a crowd of 3,000 were at the Racecourse.

Ray Smith put Wrexham ahead in the first minute, got a second in the 68th minute, after Alderton had equalised and Albert Kinsey made it 3v1 two minutes from time.

Wrexham; Livesey, Bermingham. Powell, Davis (sub. Mickey Evans), Stacey, Beanland, Bradbury, Moir, Smith, Kinsey, Griffiths.

Back row: Alan Bermingham, Steve Ingle, Ian Moir, Dennis Reeves, Gordon Livesey, Mickey Evans, Tony Beanland, Terry Bradbury,
Middle row: George Showell (trainer), Ray Charnley, Dave Powell, Gareth Davis, Bernard Purdie, Ray Booth, John Neal (Coach)
Front row: Eddie May, Steve Stacey, Ray Smith, Albert Kinsey, Alvan Williams (Manager), Ken Taylor, Stuart Mason, Steve Mackreth, Arfon Griffiths.

Wrexham A.F.C.
1968 - 69

This season was only 2 months old when Steve signed for Ipswich Town - last season's Second Division Champions.

He played 6 games for Wrexham, his last one was on the 6th September, when they lost1v0 at Southend.

In his Wrexham days he was described as 'a thoughtful player who likes nothing more than to move up into attack whenever the opportunity presents itself'.


24th August 1968
Workington 0v0 Wrexham
Mickey Evans and Arfon Griffiths were both out of action with injuries as Wrexham drew in front of the lowest gate of the day.
Team; Livsey, Bermingham, Stacey, Powell, May, Bradbury, Beanland, Moir, Charnley, Smith Kinsey.

Wrexham reserves won 4v0 against Llandudno.
Team; Reeves, Mackreth, Gareth Davis, Showell, KenTaylor, Meusel, Sort, Mel Morris, Aherne, Janicki. Sub; Stuart Mason

In my time at Wrexham if we go by the old numbering routine 1-11 I played in every position on the field from right back to outside left.
Yes happy days at Wrexham a great band of brothers so to speak.

My one regret at Wrexham is that I never got to play with John Neal who in my opinion was the most knowledgeable of all the staff in matters relating to football while I was at the club.

Wrexham A.F.C. 1968/69

Back row; Steve Ingle, Tony Beanland, Dave Powell,
Gordon Livesey, Alan Bermingham, Eddie May

Front row; Stuart Mason, Ian Moir, Ray Charnley,
Steve Stacey, Albert Kinsey

Resignation of 
Mr Alvan Williams

Racecourse fortunes suffered a severe setback with the resignation of Mr Alvan Williams on 17th September.
He arrived at The Racecourse on a wave of enthusiasm and appeared to be on the threshold of success until he announced the sale of Mielczarek.
The transfers of Dave Powell and Steve Stacey brought matters to the point at which the directors clashed with the manager on various aspects of policy  and his resignation was accepted.
Disappointment among the general body of followers was reflected in the decision of the Supporter's Association to write a letter of protest to the Club following the transfers of Powell and Stacey. They wanted the board to reconsider the policy of parting with players who, in the Associaition's view, were needed to gain promotion.

Wrexham F.C.
Rosettes 2/6;   programmes 9d;   badges 3/6;   pens 1/-; car stickers 1/1; favours 9d; scarves 12/6; bob-hats 6/6; team photographs 2/6; handbooks 2/-; autograph sheets 3d; teddy bears 17/6 and 35/-.

1979 Wrexham Programme

Sammy McMillan played for Wrexham at the same time as Steve. He picked this team as the one he'd like to lead out.
Gaskell, Stacey, Wall, G. Davis, Showell, Barnes, A. Griffiths, Shinton, Ashcroft, McMillan, M. Thomas

Ipswich Town

Steve signed for newly promoted first division side Ipswich Town in September 1968 for £25,000.

His Ipswich debut was at home to Liverpool, but only played a couple more games for them. His injury problem didn't help.

In 1969 he went a month's loan to Chester, making one league appearance.

This was followed by another loan spell - to Charlton Athletic, where he scored in his only game, a 2v1 defeat at home to Huddersfield Town.

Steve stayed at Ipswich until September 1970, when he returned to Bristol City.



My time at Ipswich wasn't what I expected.
I can recall a training session at Wrexham on the Thursday before I travelled down. Slight pull on the left hamstring.
So on my debut against Liverpool the hamstring snapped after 20 mins and that as they say was that.
It was a grade three injury the worse and I never truly recovered.
I would estimate that in all my time at Ipswich half of it was spent on the treatment table with this hamstring.

Bill McGarry (right) signed me, he left after a month or two and Bobby Robson arrived.

Clearly not one of Bob's favoured people and it didn't work.

Ipswich Town
League Division One
14th September 1968

Ipswich were very unlucky to lose this game, having his a vein of top form., having two shots cleared off the line and O'Rourke missing golden opportunities.

New signing Steve Stacey was lost through injury during the game. In the thirtieth minute he went down injured and was replaced at left half by Morris.

Stacey said later that he had pulled a hamstring muscle in his left leg and would probably be out for two or three weeks.
Three minutes into the second half Liverpool took the lead, much against the run of play, when Graham stabbed the ball in following a rebound from Callaghan's shot.

Woods missed a chance to equalise on the hour. He later missed an open goal.
Liverpool secured both points almost at full time when St John volleyed past Hancock, from a Thompson corner.

Ipswich Town: Ken Hancock, Tommy Carroll, Mick Mills, Colin Viljoen, Derek Jefferson, Steve Stacey, Charlie Woods, John O'Rourke, Ray Crawford, Danny Hagan, Frank Brogen. Sub; Peter Morris.
Liverpool: Tommy Lawrence, Chris Lawler, Peter Wall, Tommy Smith, Ron Yeats, Emlyn Hughes, Ian Callaghan, Roger Hunt, Bobby Graham, Ian St. John, Peter Thompson. 

Ipswich's new signing out for fortnight?
by Harry Miller
STEVE STACEY reports back to Ipswich this morning - after a weekend in Wales - knowing that his first full match in the First Division could be at least another two weeks away.
The defender manager Bill McGarry rushed to register after his £20,000 transfer from Wrexham, was carried from the action to a touchline seat with only half an hour gone in Saturday's home game against Liverpool.
He said later: "I was  just beginning to get into the game when I fell badly. I've pulled something in my left thigh. It could be the hamstring."
Stacey's luck was like that of the side he has just joined - right out!
In almost every aspect this was a repeat of home defeats against Arsenal and Leeds. Ipswich showed the fire and finesse the First Division demands, shared a magnificent match.... and were beaten 2v0.
Bobby Graham and Ian St. John were the Liverpool scorers. Ian Callaghan and Peter Thompson were their stars.
But nothing Liverpool did could overshadow the excellence of Ipswich skipper Danny Hegan. He gave an outstanding display - confirming his right to rank among the game's best midfield men.

Ipswich Town
League Division One
12th April 1969

Ipswich did not improve their chances of qualifying for the Fairs Cup next season.
Only little £75,000 rated Danny Hegan seemed able to cope with the windy conditions. Leading scorer John O'Rourke had no chance of increasing his 17 goal tallyl
The players became frustrated as the strong crosswinds played tricks with the ball.
Southampton's Kemp was the first to have his name taken after a bad tackle, and Walker suffered the same fate for a similar offence against Stacey. For a moment it seemed as though a stretcher would be required, but the Ipswich man made a quick recovery.
In a frantic end to the game, the visitors came close to scoring twice.

Ipswich Town: David Best, Mick Mills, Steve Stacey, Peter Mann, Billy Baxter, Derek Jefferson,  Danny Hagan, Ron Wigg, John O'Rourke, Charlie Woods. 

 (2) 4v0 (0)
Ipswich Town
League Division One
19th April 1969

Ipswich were never really in this game as Thompson (13mins) and Graham (40) gave them a comfortable lead going into the break.
Graham netted his second on 66 minutes and St. John closed the scoring in the last minute.

Ipswich Town: David Best, Mick Mills, Steve Stacey, Colin Viljoen, Billy Baxter, Derek Jefferson, Charlie Woods, Danny Hegan, Ron Wigg, John O'Rourke, Frank Brogan.
Liverpool: Lawrence, Lawler, Strong, Yeats, Hughes, Callaghan, Graham, Hunt,  Evans, St. John, Thompson. 
This transpired to be Steve's last appearance for Ipswich Town's first team.

Ipswich Town
Tottenham Hotspur

League Division One
26th October 1968

This was one of the games Steve missed through injury.
He'd played one first team game and a match with the reserves.


Bristol City

Steve played at right back against Sheffield United on his second debut for Bristol City in a 3v3 draw. He played another 8 games before seeing the season out with the reserve side.

As a free agent in August 1971, Steve signed for Exeter City.


Exeter City


Steve made his debut in the opening game of the season which was a 4v0 defeat at Southport.

He played a total of 31 games for The Grecians in 1971/72.


Steve appeared  29 times the following season.

He left the club in the summer of 1973 and joined Bath City.




During his time in Australia, Steve played for and coached a couple of local teams, including a year at National level in Melbourne in the 1980s, after he had gained his full senoir coaching badge in 1975.

Steve captained Western Australia 16 or 17 times. "We won an overseas tournament, The Mara Halim Cup, in Indonesia for six weeks, beating South Korea 2-0 in the final in 1975. We drew with Middlesbrough, lost narrowly to Manchester United and beat Glasgow Rangers and the North American Champions, Toronto Croatia Metro."

The Manchester United squad was:
Stepney, Forsyth, Houston, Buchan, Holton, James, Young, Macari, McIlroy, Daly, Pearson, Roche, Nicholl, Greenhoff, Coppell, Albiston, McCreery, Grimshaw and Loughnan.

The Rangers squad was:
Kennedy. McCloy, Greig, Stein, Jackson, Forsyth, Mclean, Parlane, McDonald, Johnstone, Young, Miller, Fyfe, Dawson and Henderson.

I was back at Wrexham in September 2009,   when they played Luton. It was the day in which the Gresford Colliery disaster of 1934 was  remembered.

Wrexham manager Dean Saunders and Luton manager Mick Hardford lay wreaths before the game.

Alvan Williams actually took us down the mine shaft at one time and quite frankly I was glad to get back on firm land. The coal seams creaking and yawing did me, once was enough.

Ken, always good to hear from an old Robin or Dragon!

I am writing a book that really concentrates on my life as the first black African American professional footballer (my father was a black GI serving in  the American military during WW2.)
Always good to hear from people from my favourite club!!

Steve can be contacted via
if you'd like to get in touch with him.

In Other Colours
Ken Barnes

Wrexham 1961 - 1965

Manchester City 1950 - 1961
Ninth from the left, second row

In Other Colours
Steve Fleet

Wrexham 1963 - 1966

Manchester City 1955 - 1963
Sixth from the left, back row

In Other Colours

WREXHAM 1968/69

Blackpool F.C.

Ray is second from the left, back row.

In Other Colours

WREXHAM 1960 -1962

Blackpool  1973 - 1975
Far left, middle row

My oldest Wrexham F.C. Programme.
Division Three
Wednesday, September 2nd, 1959
Wrexham v Brentford


Genial and popular club Chairman, Alderman Eric McMahon was featured in the club's gallery of personalities who had given their services to Wrexham Football Club. 
He started his career with the club as an amateur in 1927, playing at centre half and although he only played in the reserves, he always gave of his best.
He was elected to the Board of Directors in August 1950 and appointed Vice-Chairman in 1956 and Chairman in 1958.
Eric was elected Mayor of the Borough in 1953.

Following their 3v2 victory against Brentford, Wrexham lost 8 of their next 11 matches.
13,112 spectators watched this Third Division match at The Racecourse!!

Division Three
Saturday, March 26th, 1963
Wrexham v Bury

The Secretary in his notes mentioned that it was becoming a habit of welcoming new players to the club. He introduced Archie Styles from West Bromwich Albion and Peter Jones from Manchester United. Archie made his debut for the club in this match, in which Harbeston scored Wrexham's goal in a 1v1 draw against Bury who were third. This result extended Wrexham's unbeaten run to 5 matches.

Wrexham finished in 23rd place this season, and were relegated to the Fourth Division, despite winning the Welsh Cup, beating Cardiff City 1v0 in a replay, with a young Arfon Griffiths netting the winner. 


Division Three
Saturday, May 18th, 1963
Wrexham v Brighton
and Hove Albion


"Pride of place must go to our youngsters  who have once again carried off the Welsh Youth Cup and are in the final  of the North Wales Youth Cup. Mention must be made here  of the fine work done by Ken Roberts, Dave McNeil and Les Speed."

Wrexham's manager Ken Barnes wrote in the programme;When the bad weather came upon usat the turn of the year we were in quite a handy position in the League. A 5-1 defeat of Coventry City aand we were really in with a chance. The came the biggest disappointment since I have been at the club. For no apparent reason THE SAME TEAM slumped phenominally  and in the following six games we gained only two points and in that short space of time we dived from the promotion race to the relegation zone.
The next five matches brought us nine points and we are now seventh.

" Of the Youth Team, Alec Lucas is the captaain of the national side, Don Parrish and David Powell have appeared in the league and only on Tuesday did David sign professional forms for the club."

Club Secretary Clifford Lloyd wrote "One of our youngsters by the way, David Powell, signed professional forms for the club last Tuesday and I would like to wish him well in his new life in the paid ranks. I, for one, have every confidence that he will eventually reach the top."

Division Three
Saturday, December 14th, 1963
Wrexham v Peterborough United

Wrexham were bottom of the League, and lost 2v3 with Ernie Pythian scoring both goals, in front of a 4,527 crowd.
Wrexham had beaten Luton Town 2v0 (Arfon Griffiths and Mickey Metcalf the scorers) in their previous match, which had ended a run of 12 games without a win, 11 of them being straight defeats. 
In the Peterborough side was  DEREK DOUGAN - the programme noted; 6ft 2 1/2 ins tall, this Irish International came to 'Posh'  from Aston Villa. A personality who can play. "The Doug" is a maker and taker of goals, and at 24 years of age is due to grace the game for many years.

Player / Manager Ken Barnes in his programme notes wrote; "What wretched luck befell DAVE MACKAY last Tuesday at Old Trafford and the sympathy of all the football world goes out to Dave, along with best wishes for a speedy and complete recovery." A year later, Mackay would break his leg again.


Wrexham 4 v


8 Leeds United

Received an enquiry from John O'Keefe

Hi Ken,
I have followed Wrexham since 1963, the season after Kevin Keelan was sold to Norwich, Ken Barnes was the Player Manager.
I have a recollection of Wrexham playing Leeds United in a friendly at The Racecourse in the Sixties, the score as I remember it was Wrexham 4 Leeds 8.
I seem to remember that Steve Fleet was in goal for Wrexham, with Gary Sprake being the Leeds goalkeeper and Billy Bremner was in the Leeds team.
I also believe that the headline on the back page of the Wrexham Leader saying something like 'Wrexham lose to Leeds United but put 4 goals past the mighty Leeds'.
I remember Steve Fleet being in goal and kicking Billy Bremner in the backside in a jovial way inside the six yard box.
I assume that Arfon Griffiths, (Prince of Wales), played alongside, say, Albert Kinsey, Sammy McMillan, possibly Ernie Phythian and Martyn King, what about Clive Colbridge and Alan Fox.
The reason I am contacting you is that I can't find anyone who remembers the game and have been having a difference of opinion with a Leeds United supporter who is adamant that Wrexham and Leeds have never played each other, can you help me please? 

I made an enquiry to Gareth Davies, a Wrexham FC Historian through Ian Garland, authors of the A-Z of Welsh International Footballers, and received the following reply:
I've spoken to Gareth.  Two matches were played against Leeds in the 
1964-65 season, home and away. They were friendlies and played in mid season. The 4-8 score rang a bell with him. The match programmes are among the rarest Wrexham programmes - even Gareth doesn't have them. But the confirmed the matches straight away and added the two sides have never met in a competitive match.
Hope this helps.
My thanks to Gareth and Ian for their assistance. KD

I'm very grateful to Dave, webmaster of The Mighty Leeds website for supplying me with a press article, part of which appears here. It confirms that Wrexham also played Leeds United away in a friendly that season.

Yorkshire Evening Post Wednesday 23/9/64
Debut for Belfitt in United cup-tie team

Terry Lofthouse
Rodney Belfitt, one of Leeds United's string of promising youngsters, makes his senior debut against neighbours Huddersfield Town in the second round of the Football League Cup at Elland Road tonight.

Doncaster born Belfitt (18) was signed by Leeds in July 1963, after being released by Arsenal, for which club he played as an amateur. He joined the Highbury staff from Yorkshire League club Doncaster United. He has been a regular member of United's Central League side, and he got a taster of first team football when playing in the second half in the pre-season friendly with Wrexham at Elland Road.

Possible Wrexham team which played Leeds Utd
Based on 'WREXHAM - A complete Record 1872-1992' by Peter Jones - mid season 1964 65, the possible Wrexham team could have been:
1 Fleet: 2 Holland 3 McClelland: 4 Barnes 5 Mielczarek
6 Jones P: 7 McMillan 8 Webber 9 King 10 Griffiths 11 Williams

Re the names John mentions;
Possibly 8 Pythian 11 Colbridge
No Kinsey nor Fox in squad that season.

Photo copyright Mighty Leeds website  

Thanks for all your help and information,JohnO'Keefe.

If you can help with additional information on the
v Leeds Utd friendly,
John can be contacted via

In Other Colours
George Showell
Wrexham 1966 - 1968

Wolverhampton Wanderers 1951 - 1965
Far right, back row

Southend Utd v Workington 1965

Personal note;The Southend team was managed by Penmon born Alvan Williams, who became manager at Wrexham in 1967. He took Terry Bradbury and Ray Smith with him. He also appointed John Neal as his first team trainer. All three appear on the team sheet.
John later became Wrexham managed, laying the foundations for Arfon Griffiths to take the team into the then Second Division of the Football League, in 1977/78.

In Other Colours
Mel Sutton

Wrexham 1972 - 1982

Cardiff City 1967 - 1972
Second from left, back row

In Other Colours
Dave Powell

Wrexham 1962 - 1969

Sheffield United 1968 -1973
Second from left, middle row.
Cardiff City 1973 - 1974
Second from left, seated

Dave Powell
Wrexham 1962 - 1969

(click here)

Dave Powell was born in Dolgarrog, and started his professional career with Wrexham. He gained his first Welsh International cap against West Germany in 1967/68 , eventually winning 11 caps.
Dave was transferred to Sheffield United and finished his career at Cardiff City 

European Cup Winners Cup
Second Round, First Leg
Wednesday, 25th October, 1972
Wrexham v Hajduk Split

Wrexham qualified for the European Cup Winners Cup
by beating Cardiff City in the 1971/72 Welsh Cup Final.

ECWC Round 1 1st Leg;
Sep 13. F.C. Zurich 1 v 1 Wrexham
ECWC Round 1 2nd Leg;
Sep 27. Wrexham 2 v 1 F.C. Zurich
Wrexham won 3 v 2 on aggregate

19,013 of us saw Wrexham beat Hajduk Split 3 v 1 at The Racecourse with goals by Brian Tinnion 2 and Dave Smallman.
Unfortunately, the Yugoslavian team scored an away goal,
which was all important as Hajduk won the second leg 2 v 0
- 3 v 3 on aggregate, but Hajduk went through on away goals.

Hajduk beat Scottish side Hibernian 5 v 4 on aggregate
in the third round,
but went out to Leeds United in the semi final, 1 v 0 aggregate.

Milan were the eventual winners, beating Leeds 1 v 0.

Football League
Division Three
Saturday, March 3rd

1 V 1

I am very grateful to Dave Almond for donating this programme to my collection.
Dave is a great Billy Ashcroft fan, and has set up the following brilliant blog about his hero!

Billy Ashcroft
(click here)

 Sunday Football
Football League Division Three
20th January 1974
kick-off 2.30
Walsall  v  Wrexham

"Admission to the ground will be afforded free to anyone who has purchased an Official Team Sheet, which will only be available at the turnstiles"

The winter of discontent had hit the Football clubs.
Wrexham were 5th with 30 points from 25 games, behind Bristol Rovers top, Bournemouth, York and Chesterfield. Walsall were 13th, but ran out 3v0 winners.
On the Walsall team sheet was a certain Bobby Shinton, who would help transform the fortunes of Wrexham F.C. when he signed from Cambridge United for the 1976-77 season.

The end of the road........... 
F.A.Cup 6th Round
9th March 1974
Burnley v Wrexham

Wrexham's magnificent cup run came to an end - through a deflected own goal.

Wrexham had beaten Shrewsbury 1v0 in a replay after a 1v1 draw in the first round, saw off  Rotherham in the second round 3v0, beat Crystal Palace 2v0 at Selhurst Park, conquered Middlesborough at the Racecourse 1v0 in the fourth round, shocked Southampton 1v0 at The Dell, in the fifth, then that own goal at Turf Moor.

Travelled up to Burnley with some mates in my Ford Anglia, not knowing where Turf Moor was. Then, as if by magic on entering Burnley, we saw a 'Beadles Bus' from Newtown in front of us, and followed them to the ground!

We lost 1v0.

In Other Colours
Joey Jones
Wrexham 1972 - 83, 1987 - 1992

Liverpool 1975 - 78
Far left, top row

Wrexham 1v0 Mansfield
(Billy Ashcroft)
1st November 1975

Trevor Beal has kindly been in touch and writes;
Braintree Town, earlier this season, 2012/13, were due to play Wrexham in a League match which was postponed prior to kick off.  We had a visit from Mickey Thomas in the Supporters Club Shop (which I help run). I asked him to sign an old copy of a Wrexham v Mansfield Division 3 programme from 1975, and he happily obliged.


F. A. Cup 4th Round
Cardiff City
29th January 1977

I am delighted that Cardiff City supporter, Dai Woosnam,  
has got in touch with this cup tie memory

May 18th 2011
Dear Ken,
I see that you are a Racecourse fan from your site. 
I could talk a lot about games between the two clubs.

The best I ever saw was a tremendous encounter in the 4th Round of the FA Cup in January 77.  

Wrexham - the better team throughout - had a great team then under John Neal.  Mel Sutton (ex-City), Arfon Griffiths, Billy Ashcroft, Bobby Shinton, Graham Whittle, Mickey Thomas ... and a few others whose names will come if I think about it.  Was Dai Davies playing in goal?  No, I don't think he had arrived by then.  Was John Roberts at centre half?  I cannot recall.

I remember Billy  Ashcroft equalising just as the game went into injury time, and then John Buchanan going straight down the other end and scoring the winner.  3-2.  Heck of a game.  Peter Sayer also scored for City. He had scored in the third round win over Spurs, pictured here.

Photo copyright; Football Echo

But I go back even further with Cardiff City.  I never missed a game as a boy and youth ... even saw all the Welsh Cup home games like the time they defeated Knighton Town 16-0. 
I even recall the great Wyn Davies playing for Wrexham, before moving on to Bolton and even greater glory.    He was - after John Charles - the best header of a ball that I ever saw.  
We have a good friend who is 87 and is a retired GP who has  lived in the Wrexham area since starting married life there 60 years ago.  We were over at his house on top of the mountain in Llanfynydd, just 3 weeks ago.   He told me how sad so many Wrexham fans are these days, and how there seems no immediate solution.

WREXHAM A.F.C. 1977/78
click here to visit the whole season

I have supported Wrexham since the 1960's when my father used to take me to The Racecourse Ground, in the days of Albert Kinsey, Dave Gaskell, Dave Powell and many others. It really saddens me to think of their current plight in the Blue Square Premier League. 
I have pleasure here in featuring one of the most memorable seasons in the club's history - 1977/78 - Third Division Champions, having come so very close under John Neal the previous season. If you have any Wrexham memories you'd like to share, please contact me on

Robin Remembers
Wrexham's first League match
in the 'old second division',

currently the Championship
on Saturday 19th August 1978
following their promotion in 1977/78

Alan Davies
is a keen Wrexham fan
living in South Africa

My name is Alan Davies. I discovered your site just the other day and have not yet had the time to go through everything but I did come across your section on Wrexham AFC 1977/78, which I remember very well.

I have attached copies of the front cover of the program from the two most memorable games of that incredible season; Arsenal in the Cup and of course Rotherham, - who can forget that match?

I have lived in South Africa since 1982 and still follow the town, but have only seen them once live back in 2007 against Hereford. It was when I visited the UK, when myself and my brothers got together for the first time in 26 years. I am originally from Llay.

I have a number of programmes from that season, including Newcastle, Blyth Spartans a
nd Liverpool and a few from other seasons which I inherited from my late father in law, Bill Smith also from Llay. Bill was an avid Wrexham supporter. He would be devastated to see them in the Blue Square Premier (non) league.

Apart from the Hereford game, I did see one match live but on TV, in I think 1992. They showed West Ham v Wrexham FA Cup live on TV here in SA, 2 - 2 I think the score was. They showed highlights of Wrexham v Arsenal as well, quite a number of times actually.

Well I have a lot of browsing to do. So keep up the good work

I am very grateful to Alan for getting in touch and for supplying many programme covers from the 1977/78 season which are included  on this Wrexham webpage. KD

In Other Colours
John Lyons
Wrexham 1974 - 1979

Cambridge United 1980 - 1982
Second from left, back row

F.A. Cup
Third Round Replay
Tuesday 6th January 1981
Wrexham v West Ham United

West Ham were the current F.A. Cup Holders.
Both teams were in the Second Division.
The Hammers had already reached
the semi-finals of the League Cup.
Wrexham's first game was a 1 v 1 draw at Upton Park,
when the Hammers were awarded a dubious penalty to take the lead.
Skipper Gareth Davis equalised for the Robins.

The replay was a 0 v 0 draw at The Racecourse, resulting in those days in a second replay which was also held at The Racecourse. Dixie McNeil scored the only goal of the match in extra time, to give Wrexham a home tie against Wimbledon, which they won 2 v 1.
Wrexham fell to Wolves 3 v 1 at Molyneux in the 5th Round.

F.A. CUP 4th Round
Tottenham Hotspur
v Wrexham
Monday 12th February 1979
K.O. 7.30pm 

Second Division
1978/79 Season
Luton Town programme cover supplied by
Trevor Beal, Braintree Town

Round 1 (1st leg)
September 19th 1979

Wrexham 3v2 Magbeburg
Fox, McNeil, Buxton

Wrexham; Davies, Jones, Dwyer, Davis, Roberts, Giles, Fox
, Sutton, McNeil, Whittle (Buxton), Hill.

1st Round 2nd leg
Magdeburg 5v2 Wrexham 
(after extra time)
Vinter, Hill
(Magdeburg win 7v5 on aggregate)

Wrexham; Davies, Jones, Dwyer, Davis, Roberts, Giles (Buxton), Vinter, Sutton, McNeil, (Whittle), Fox, Hill

Robin Remembers
playing for Wrexham


Robin Remembers
debut for Wrexham

Fourth Division
1986/87 Season
Colchester United programme supplied by
Trevor Beal, Braintree Town


Fourth Division
1987/88 Season
Colchester United programme supplied by
Trevor Beal, Braintree Town

Fourth Division
1989/90 Season
Colchester United programme supplied by
Trevor Beal, Braintree Town

Third Division
1992/93 Season
Colchester United programme supplied by
Trevor Beal, Braintree Town

Second Division
1996/97 Season
Millwall programme supplied by
Trevor Beal, Braintree Town

Braintree Town v Wrexham
26th November 2011
Braintree Town 0 - 0 Wrexham



Wrexham v Braintree Town
28th April 2012

Wrexham 5 - 1 Braintree Town
Morrell (19)
Cieslewicz (42)
Pogba (59)
Wright (88)
Ashton (90+1)

Wright (52)

Braintree Town v Wrexham
27th October 2012
Braintree Town 1 - 5 Wrexham
Sheppard (18)

Ormerod (16)
Rushton (39)
Wright (65)
Cieslewicz (79)
Wright (89)
Game played 20th November 2012

My thanks to Trevor Beal,
of Braintree Town for copies
these Wrexham programmes

Books about
Wrexham A.F.C.
and its players


Please note that these books are not available through this website


For every one fairytale, "Roy of the Rovers", story about a modern footballer there are a thousand others worth telling about the ordinary people who are really what the game is all about. They're the ones about the players who've had to fight all the way to make the grade and work even harder to stay there.
This revealing insight into the career of Dai Davies is one such story.
Based on ' Hanner Cystal a Nhad' by Dai Davies, translated by Iorwerth Roberts.

ISBN 094 848 301 6 


A Complete Record

1872 - 1992
Peter Jones

Wrexham F.C. are the oldest Football League club in Wales and although they have spent much of their history in the lower divisions, they have one of the competition's most colourful histories.
The book tells the story of a famous old club. It will also settle many arguments and will be compelling reading for Wrexham supporters of all ages.

ISBN 1-873626-19-3

Images of Sport
1872 - 1950
Gareth M. Davies & Peter Jones

Many of the pictures in this book have never been published before. With expert captions from Peter Jones and Gareth Davies, it is essential reading for anyone who has an affinity for Wrexham Football Club, an interest in Welsh football or a desire to bring the early days at the Racecourse Ground back to life again.

ISBN 0-7524-1899-8

Images of Sport
1950 - 2000
Gareth M. Davies & Peter Jones

This pictorial history, which includes over 200 photographs, will appeal to anyone with an interest in Wrexham Football Club. It is a follow-up volume to last year's Wrexham Football Club 1872-1950, also by Tempus Publishing

ISBN 0-7524-2400-9

The Giant-Killers
Wrexham AFC 1974-99 a fan's view
Richard Partington

Wrexham AFC are, without doubt, British football's greatest modern giant-killers. This book relives Wrexham's remarkable exploits aand celebrates the significant contribution which the north Wales club and its supporters have made to the excitement, fantasy and magic that is cup football. 

Bridge Books
ISBN 1-872424-95-3



Wrexham F.C.
Yearbook 2006-07

Produced by the
Wrexham Supporters' Trust
Evening Leader

Published by
Wrexham Supporters' Society LTD

ISBN 978-0-9554179-0-0




The Autobiography

'Maverick' is one of the kinder words uttered about Mickey Thomas, during a remarkable football career spanning spells at Wrexham, Manchester United, Chelsea, Everton and Kirkham Open Prison. 

ISBN 978-1-8460-5523-2


Wrexham F.C.
Yearbook 2007-08

Evening Leader
Wrexham Supporters' Trust

Produced by
Wrexham Supporters' Trust
Sponsored by the
Evening Leader

ISBN 978-0-9554179-1-7


1998 - 2008


Wrexham's history has always been colourful, but the colour of recent years has been more purple than red. League points have been lost, not for defeat on the field, but for financial problems off it. When football grounds fall into the hands of property developers, there are bound to be tears. That particular battle had a happy ending, but after 87 years, Wrexham still found themselves falling Through the Trap Door.

ISBN 978-1-905328-49-9

Wrexham F.C.
Yearbook    2008-09

Evening Leader
Wrexham Supporters' Trust

Produced by
Wrexham Supporters' Trust
Sponsored by the
Evening Leader

ISBN 978-0-9554179-2-4


Wrexham F.C.
Yearbook 2010-11

Produced by
Wrexham Supporters' Trust
Sponsored by the
Evening Leader

ISBN 978-0-9554179-4-8



 tells a story of ambition, talent and success - his triumphs all over the world, the players Joey worked with along the way and his brushes with the glamorous world of celebrity.
This long-awaited autobiography is a wonderful testament to an exceptional figure in football, and a treasure trove of memories for anyone interested in the history of the game.

ISBN 978-1-84454-835-4


The autobiography of Dixie McNeil

This Goal machine Dixie McNeil was a star football striker whose career spanned three decades. Dixie played the beautiful game at Leicester, Exeter, Northampton, Lincoln, Hereford and Wrexham. Top goalscorer of all four divisions in the Football League in 1974-75 and 1975-76, he played against some of the best sides in the land and in Europe.
Hero-worshipped at Wrexham F.C., he spent nine years there as a player and later as their manager.

Y Lolfa
ISBN 978-1-84771-365-0


Please note that these books are not available through this website.